I was born in Egypt, but lived a big part of my childhood in the beautiful city of Atlanta in the United States of America. Growing up I was blissed with the opportunity to see (and sometimes live) among very different cultures. I spent some good years of my adolescence among the good people of the Arabian Gulf (Saudi Arabia to be exact), and I visiting new European countries every now and then is always a delight.
When I am not bossing a bunch of older men at work, I am either reading, writing, or building something that I believe with all my heart is interesting on the internet.
Fuel Terminal Supervisor
Operations under my supervision:
- Employer: ExxonMobil, Egypt
- Date: December 1st, 2013 - current
- Reports to: Terminal Manager
All product receipts (via pipelines), quality control, tank gauging, product loading and shipment (via tanker trucks), and terminal maintenance activities.
- Team leadership
- HSE Management
- Corporate reporting
- Quality assurance
- Incident investigation
- Risk assessment
- Change management
- Became an ExxonMobil certified work permit issuing authority.
- Successfully balanced out client business needs with terminal safety regulations to reduce both workplace incidents and near losses, AND reduce client queue times.
A tank farm (credit: Stornoway)
DARA Petroleum Company
- Office Trainee: Company HQ in Cairo Office (6 Badr Towers, Ring Road, Maadi, Cairo - Egypt)
- Field Trainee: Ras Ghareb field, Red Sea Governorate - Egypt
- Company Profile
Petrobel - Belayim Petroleum Company
- Field Trainee: Abu Rudeis field, South Sinai Governorate - Egypt
- Company Website
Egyptian General Petroleum Company
- Field Trainee: GPC Ras Ghareb field, Red Sea Governorate - Egypt
- Company Website
(I built this entire website myself!)